Sunday, July 31, 2011

Systems

In my last weeks of living in San Luis Obispo I have been trying to take in all that the central coast has to offer. I have been taking small trips hiking and enjoying the coast. These drawings are based on those experiences and what I have found interesting during the outings. On my most recent trip to MontaƱa De Oro State Park I was drawn to the exposed layers of rock eroding thanks to the coastal weather. The different types of rock seemed so clearly divided and well organized by time. This gave me the idea of organizing and grouping textures and materials together through line and marks. These drawings are inspired by textures and materials from Los Osos, as well as maps, systems, boarders and pathways.

City
Ink, gouache, graphite, gesso on paper 11"x 14" 2011

Separation
Ink, gouache, gesso on paper 11"x 14" 2011

Sticks and Stones
Ink, gouache, gesso on paper 11"x 14" 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment